Residential students will reside in a safe and drug-free environment, which provides for their basic needs. To provide a safe place to sleep and rest, eat a well-balanced meal, basic personal hygiene, medical needs, and laundering facilities. Students will attain self-identification & awareness, and learn to integrate home living skills into the school environment and real world experiences.
The residential hall is one co-educational building for 1st - 8th grade students. The residential hall is in operation 24 hours - 6 days a week. Opening each Sunday at 2:00 pm and closing on Friday at 6:00 pm. At the beginning of the school year, the Residential Department will provide an orientation for students and parents:
Parents will be notified when changes occur due to holiday, no school / professional development days, or emergencies. Due to safety reasons, the doors are locked at 5:00 pm and unlocked at 6:00 am each day. A door bell is in place for all stakeholders to use after hours to access the residential building. The residential hall is also monitored by security cameras on a 24 hours basis.
1. Residential Personnel / Staff: Staff work schedule is from Sunday through Friday under a 24-hour tour of duty coverage and supervision for residential students.
Three Night Attendant monitoring all students from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am including routine student bed checks, ensure student safety, hourly accountability for students, completing janitorial and laundry services.
2. Other services provided are Student Health Care; Computer Labs, Laundry Services, Tutorial Services after school / after supper 6pm to 7pm; Dine Language & Culture, Student Support Groups & Counseling Services.
3. The Residential Hall is designed with four wings as follows; The total capacity is 150 students.
4. Student Transportation: Parents are responsible for student transportation to and from the residential halls or to and from the designated bus stops. Residential has a Bus Schedule and Bus Ridership Rules and Regulations for student safety/ expectations.
Residential Bus Routes & Transportation will be provided to the following locations to drop off and pick up students:
5. Residential Calendar: A monthly residential calendar is given to all stakeholders at the end of each month with a bus schedule attached. Parents will be notified of schedule changes and for early release days through weekly announcements on the residential calendar.
Sunday - 2:00 pm to Friday - 6:00 pm
2:00 pm to 8:00 pm
3:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Residential Bus Runs begin at:
5:15 pm to all designated bus stops.
What to bring to the dorm:
What not to bring to the dorm:
There will be bus runs on Friday's and Sunday's. Except on NO Bus Run Days.
P.O. Box 321
Tohatchi, NM 87325
Phone: 505-733-2734/ 2720